- The scientific name for kissing, snogging, osculating and bussing is philematology.
- Just kissing can burn off 26 calories in one minute.
- The average person spends two weeks of their life kissing.
- Eskimos, Polynesians and Malaysians and indeed, Ancient Egyptians, rub noses instead of kissing.
- Ancient Romans kissed each other on the eyes or the mouth as a greeting.
- Victorian etiquette, in the UK, required a man to kiss the back of a ladies hand.
- A standard greeting in Europe is a kiss on both cheeks or it could be two. . .or three or maybe four.
- African tribes pay homage to their Chief by kissing the ground on which he has walked.
- In Ireland, you will have good luck if you kiss the Blarney Stone.
- Allegedly the Chinese didn’t kiss until the practice was introduced by Westerners, and they’re still not very keen on it.
Ten Interesting and Amusing Facts About Kissing
Posted by JC at 10:58 AM