Everyone over 40 should have a pretty easy time at this exam. If you are under 40 you can claim a handicap.
Thi s is a History Exam for those who don't mind seeing how much they really remember about what went on in their life.
*** Get paper & pencil & number from 1 to 20.
****Write the letter of each answer & score at the end.
Then before you pass this test on, put your score in the subject line. Send to friends so everyone can HAVE FUN!!!! Also send it back to me.
1. In the 1940s, where were automobile headlight dimmer switches located?
A. On the floor shift knob.
B. On the floor board, to the left of the clutch....
C. Next to the horn.
2. The bottle top of a Royal Crown Cola bottle had holes in it.. For what was it used?
A. Capture lightning bugs.
B. To sprinkle clothes before ironing.
C. Large salt shaker.
3. Why was having milk delivered a problem in northern winters?
A. Cows got cold and wouldn't produce milk.
B. Ice on highways forced delivery by dog sled.
C..... Milkmen left deliveries outside of front doors and milk would freeze, expanding and pushing up the cardboard bottle top.
4. What was the popular chewing gum named for a game of chance?
5. What method did women use to look as if they were wearing stockings when none were available due to rationing during WW II.
B. Leg painting
C. Wearing slacks
6. What postwar car turned automotive design on its ear when you couldn't tell whether it was com ing or going?
B. Nash Metro
7. Which was a popular candy when you were a kid?
A . Strips of dried peanut butter.
B. Chocolate licorice bars.
C. Wax coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water inside.
8. How was Butch wax used?
A. To stiffen a flat-top haircut so it stood up.
B. To make floors shiny and prevent scuffing.
C On the wheels of roller skates to prevent rust.
9. Before inline skates, how did you keep your roller skates attached to your shoes?
A. With clamps, tightened by a skate key.
B. Woven straps that crossed the foot.
C. Long pieces of twine.
10. As a kid, what was considered the best way to reach a decision?
a. Consider all the facts.
B. Ask Mom.
11. What was the most dreaded disease in the 1940s and 1950s?
12. 'I'll be down to get you in a ________, Honey '
13. What was the name of Caroline Kennedy's pony?
A. Old Blue
14. What was a Duck-and-Cover Drill?
A. Part of the game of hide and seek.
B. What you did when your Mom called you in to do chores.
C. Hiding under your desk, and covering your head with your arms in an A-bomb drill.
A. Princess Summerfallwinterspring
B. Princess Sacajawea
C Princess Moonshadow
16. What did all the really savvy students do when mimeographed tests were handed out in school?
A. Immediately sniffed the purple ink, as this was believed to get you high.
B. Made paper airplanes to see who could sail theirs out the window.
C. Wrote another pupil's name on the top, to avoid their failure.
17. Why did your Mom shop in stores that gave Green Stamps with purchases?
A.. To keep you out of mischief by licking the backs, which tasted like bubble gum.
B. They could be put in special books and redeemed for various household items.
C. They were given to the kids to be used as stick-on tattoos.
18. Praise the Lord , & pass the _________?
19. What was the name of the singing group that made the song 'Cabdriver' a hit?
A. The Ink Spots
B. The Supremes
C. The Esquires
20. Who left his heart in San Francisco ?
A. Tony Bennett
B. Xavier Cugat
C. George Gershwin
1. (b) On the floor, to the left of the clutch. Hand controls, popular in Europe , took till the late '60's to catch on.
2. (b) To sprinkle clothes before ironing.. Who had a steam iron?
3... (c) Cold weather caused the milk to freeze and expand, popping the bottle top...
4 . (a) Blackjack Gum.
5. (b) Special makeup was applied, followed by drawing a seam down the back of the leg with eyebrow pencil.
6. (a) 1946 Studebaker.
7. (c) Wax coke bottles containing super-sweet colored water.
8. (a) Wax for your flat top (butch) haircut.
10.. (c) Eeny-meeny-miney-mo.
11. (c) Polio. In beginning of August, swimming pools were closed, movies and other public gathering places were closed to try to prevent spread of the disease.
12. (b) Taxi , Better be ready by half-past eight!
13. (c) Macaroni ...
14. (c) Hiding under your desk, and covering your head with your arms in an A-bomb drill.
15... (a) Princess Summerfallwinterspring. She was another puppet.
16.... (a) Immediately sniffed the purple ink to get a high.
17. (b) Put in a special stamp book, they could be traded for household items at the Green Stamp store.
18. (c) Ammunition, and we'll all be free.
19.. (a) The widely famous 50's group: The Inkspots.
20. (a) Tony Bennett, and he sounds just as good today.
17- 20 correct : You are older than dirt, and obviously gifted with mental abilities. Now if you could only find your glasses. Definitely someone who should share your wisdom!
12 -16 correct: Not quite dirt yet, but you're getting there.
0 -11 correct: You are not old enough to share the wisdom of your experiences.
Send this to your ('old') friends with your score in the subject line